Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What to Bring

Hello everyone! 11 days to go! Although many of you are Midwesterners and know that anything goes weather-wise, even in summer and especially near Lake Michigan, I thought it may be helpful to send along some tips about what to bring for your trip to Pentwater. Jeremy and I were there for about 24 hours last weekend and I was freezing at night and sweating during the day. I also came home sunburned with some bug bites-- hopefully both will be gone by the time I am in my wedding get-up in less than two weeks!

Some suggestions:
Umbrellas (hopefully we won't need 'em)
Beach Towel
Bathing
Suit
Sunscreen
Bug Spray
Jackets and sweatshirts for the evening
Jeans and shorts
Beach shoes
Tennis shoes
Michigan map or GPS if needed
Bikes (if you have room!)

Another tip: Cell phones and Pentwater don't always get along. If you are concerned about coverage, you may want to check with your service provider. Jeremy and I have Sprint which is pretty spotty up there but we can help you find the "good" areas in town if needed.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment